Fair-isle sentence example
- Besides Mainland, the principal member of the group, the more important are Yell, Unst and Fetlar in the north, Whalsay and Bressay in the east, Trondra, East and West Burra, Papa Stour, Muckle Roe and Foula in the west, and Fair Isle in the south.
- Along with chicken casserole for tea, this was the end of a great day on Fair Isle.
- The designs use a wide range of techniques, including intarsia, embroidery, crochet, Fair Isle and entrelac.
- The pier here is the terminus for the passenger ferry to Fair Isle.
- Examples include the iconic Fair Isle sweater, popularized by the Duke of Windsor and golfers alike, and the white V-neck sweater and trousers worn by tennis players like Bill Tilden.Advertisement
- For something that's more like a proper cardigan with cocoon sleeves, Old Navy carries a classic Fair Isle pattern wrap cardigan, guaranteed to make every day or evening that much more cozy.
- It is gray with black and off-white Fair Isle coloring and the material is polyester and acrylic with a touch of wool for extra warmth.
- If you'd rather catch a sleigh ride in a cozy costume scene, then you'll want to opt for a classic fair isle or wool cable knit sweater paired with cozy corduroy pants and knit beanies, scarves and gloves.
- Claire: These slip-ons have a fair isle knit upper with a suede accent.
- These clever yarns give the illusion of Fair Isle or other patterned stitches when worked.Advertisement
- A beanie made with a plain stockinette stitch and no color changes will be much easier than a beanie that has a Fair Isle pattern knit into it.
- This is a great project to do when you want to get used to color changing within a row, like with Fair Isle knitting.