Faeces sentence example
- It was also shown that animals may become infected through the faeces of a flea which has been fed on plague-infected rats.
- Discharges - vomited matters, sputa, urine and faeces - are possible media by which plague is spread from person to person.
- (I) In the former class the eggs are extruded with the faeces, and the young become fully formed within the egg, and when accidentally swallowed by their host are liberated by the solvent action of the gastric juice and complete their development.
- (A and B from Lankester's Treatise on Zoology, part iv., C original.) of proglottides or of eggs which are disseminated along with the faeces of the final host and subsequently eaten by herbivorous or omnivorous mammals, insects, worms, molluscs or fish.
- Lower down in the bowel these compounds are converted into ferrous sulphide and tannate, and are eliminated with the faeces, turning them black.Advertisement
- Unchewed oats pass out in the faeces uninjured, so that they are capable of germination, and are of less than no value to a horse.
- The innermost, the coprodaeum, is an oval dilatation of the end of the rectum, and attains its greatest size in those birds whose faeces are very fluid; it serves entirely as the temporary receptacle of the faeces and the urine.
- The urodaeum serves only as a passage, the urine being mixed with the faeces in the chamber above.
- Sulphur in some part escapes unchanged in the faeces.
- Haematemesis is vomiting of blood, the colour of which may be altered by digestion, as is also the case in melaena, or passage of blood with the faeces, in which the blood becomes dark and tarrylooking from the action of the intestinal fluids.Advertisement
- The greater part of a dose of quinine sulphate administered by the mouth may be recovered, as a rule, from the faeces, this being much the most wasteful method of giving quinine.
- The embryo thus passes from the body of the female into the alimentary canal of the host and leaves this with the faeces.
- It colours the faeces black owing to the formation of sulphide.
- The co-existence of the asexual encysted form and the sexually mature adult in the same host, exceptionally found in 011ulanus and other Nematodes, is the rule in Trichinella; many of the embryos, however, are extruded with the faeces, and complete the life cycle by reaching the alimentary canal of rats and swine which frequently devour human ordure Swine become infested with Trichinella in this way and also by eating the dead bodies of rats, and the parasite is conveyed to the body of man along with the flesh of "trichinized" swine.