Facultative sentence example
- (a) The division into periodical and occasional is important in Hindu and other higher religions, and the sutras constantly draw the distinction; the former class is obligatory, the latter facultative.
- Many bacteria may however grow in both the presence or absence of oxygen, and these are termed facultative anaerobes.
- The facultative species can be subdivided into primary and secondary facultative ectoparasites.
- Many strains are facultative intracellular parasites which produce endotoxins and enterotoxins.
- facultative anaerobes.Advertisement
- facultative reinsurance placed with Gan Insurance Company in March 1996.
- facultative parasites can develop in both living and dead organic matter.
- facultative pathogen " .
- facultative endosymbionts as a model system.
- facultative basis, with Tai Ping reinsuring the remainder elsewhere.Advertisement
- By the latest enactments (one dating from 1905) 2500 citizens can claim a vote ("facultative referendum") as to any legislative project, or can exercise the "right of initiative" as to any such project or as to the revision of the cantonal constitution.
- Some fungi, though able to live as saprophytes, occasionally enter the body of living plants, and are thus termed facultative parasites.
- Since 1875, 1000 citizens can claim a popular vote (facultative Referendum) on all bills, or can exercise the right of initiative whether as to laws or the revision of the cantonal constitution.
- The provisions of neither convention are obligatory, but merely " facultative," amounting only to recommendations.
- their metabolic products may induce blood-poisoning or other toxic effects (facultative parasites) though they are not true parasites.Advertisement
- In many cases the colour-production is dependent on certain definite conditions - temperature, presence of oxygen, nature of the food-medium, &c. Ewart's important discovery that some of these lipochrome pigments occlude oxygen, while others do not, may have bearings on the facultative anaerobism of these organisms.
- Similarly we are unable to divide Schizomycetes sharply into parasites and saprophytes, since it is well proved that a number of species - facultative parasites - can become one or the other according to circumstances.