Faculae sentence example
- These features include the dark sunspots, the bright faculae, and granules.
- In the neighbourhood surrounding the penumbra the granules appear to be packed more closely, forming brilliant patches called faculae.
- Surrounding sunspots are bright patches known as faculae.
- It is necessary to suppose, if the analogy is to hold, that the sun is brightest when sunspots and faculae are most numerous; this is by no means unlikely.
- It is therefore perhaps misleading actually to class the sun with them; but it seems highly probable that whatever cause produces the periodic outbursts of spots and faculae on our sun differs only in degree from that which, in stars under a different physical condition of pressure and temperature, results in the gigantic conflagrations which we have been considering.Advertisement
- He pointed out that they were limited to a certain defined zone on the sun's surface; he noted the faculae with which they are associated, the penumbra by which they are bordered, their slight proper motions and their rapid changes of form.