Faceting sentence example
- Diamonds are now employed not only for faceting precious stones, but also for cutting and drilling glass, porcelain, &c,; for fine engraving such as scales; in dentistry for drilling; as a turning tool for electric-light carbons, hard rubber, &c.; and occasionally for finishing accurate turning work such as the axle of a transit instrument.
- Most jewelers avoid bezel settings for these stones because they don't take advantage of the elaborate faceting and light refraction of this cut.
- Because of the faceting pattern, the corners of princess cut diamonds tend to highlight any color that might be found in the diamond.
- The faceting in an oval diamond disguises some flaws within the gem.
- Diamond cut refers to the quality of the faceting and shaping of the diamond, not the shape itself.Advertisement
- The employment of powdered bort and the lapidary's wheel for faceting diamonds was introduced by L.