Ezr sentence example
- It should be noticed that the present order of the narratives involves the theory that some catastrophe ensued after Ezr.
- I I) makes the date of Nehemiah's arrival practically the anniversary of Ezra's return (Ezr.
- After the retaking of Jerusalem and recovery of the Cross from the Persians in the eighteenth year of his reign, Heraclius called a mixed council at Karin (Theodosiopolis) of Greeks and Armenians under Ezr (Esdras), catholicus, at which the preceding council of Dvin was cursed, its reforms repudiated and the confession of Chalcedon adopted.
- John, catholicus, denies to Ezr's meeting the name of council, and so makes his own the seventh.
- Zabbai, an abbreviation of some such form as Zabd-ila=dowry of God, was a common Palmyrene name; it occurs in the Old Testament, Ezr.Advertisement
- To the latter context belongs the list of names which reappears in Ezr.