Eyepieces sentence example
- These eyepieces are very convenient in use, for when they are changed the lower focus always falls in about the same plane.
- This gave an orthoscopic image even in ordinary eyepieces.
- In both cases two eyepieces are employed, one to view each separate web.
- There are three eyepieces which are mounted on a revolving sleeve in such a way that any one of them can be quickly brought into use, to give the magnification suitable to the height of the mast.
- These eyepieces are intentionally provided with a different chromatic magnification, which however is in opposition to that originating in the objective.Advertisement
- As powerful achromatic objectives show differences of chromatic magnification in the same way as apochromats, compensation eyepieces can be used in combination with these objectives.
- A second manner of making stereoscopic observations employs stereoscopic eyepieces.
- The system of Porro prisms employed affords a convenient method of adapting the ends of the eyepieces to the interpupillary distance.
- Some appear to be capable of being used with the high power objectives which normally perform better with compensating eyepieces.
- Best results are obtained with high point wide field eyepieces.Advertisement
- The unit contains a reducing lens which restore the field of view to cover approximately the same area as standard x10 widefield eyepieces.
- Small German periscopes were usually 1 metre or 2 a metre in length and had two eyepieces giving magnifications 10 and 15 diameters.
- In both eyepieces micrometers or cross-wires are used for measuring in the plane of the real FIG.