Extravasation sentence example
- If there be a loss of tissue brought about by severe in j ury to the skin and the deeper tissues, there is usually an extravasation of blood from the severed vessels.
- By extravasation of blood is meant the pouring out of blood into the areolar tissues, which become boggy.
- The local haemorrhagic extravasation frequently suppurates, or becomes gangrenous, and from this the patient may die even weeks afterwards.
- This is called extravasation, or infiltration, and occurs in about half of pediatric IVs.
- Treatment for an extravasation or a collapsed vein are similar.Advertisement