Extracorporeal sentence example
- It is called extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL ), and was introduced in the mid-1980s.
- The role of extracorporeal shock lithotripsy is in the management of salivary calculi is at present unclear.
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) is a procedure that uses an artificial heart-lung machine to take over the work of the lungs (and sometimes the heart).
- Venoarterial (V-A) bypass-The type of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation that provides both heart and lung support, using two tubes (one in the jugular vein and one in the carotid artery).
- Venovenous (V-V) bypass-The type of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation that provides lung support only, using a tube inserted into the jugular vein.Advertisement