Extinguishes sentence example
- It was a popular opinion in the middle ages that extreme unction extinguishes all ties and links with this world, so that he who has received it must, if he recovers, renounce the eating of flesh and matrimonial relations.
- It is incombustible and extinguishes flame.
- Here the Grail is wrought of gold richly set with precious stones; it is carried in solemn procession, and the light issuing from it extinguishes that of the candles.
- satiety center extinguishes the need for food.
- Culture, 4.369.) At this point prayer by a supreme paradox virtually extinguishes itself, since in becoming an end in itself, a means of contemplative devotion and of mystic communing with God, it ceases to have logical need for the petitionary form.Advertisement
- The hunger center stimulates an individual to eat while the satiety center extinguishes the need for food.
- For shorter trips out, a sling extinguishes the need for bulky strollers that may feature difficult opening and folding methods.
- Water extinguishes fire, but air causes fire to grow and flourish.