Extensile sentence example
- The strong claws make a hole in the side of the ant-hill, and the insects are collected on the extensile tongue.
- All leeches are very extensile and can contract the body to a plump, pear-shaped form, or extend it to a long and worm-like shape.
- Each palpacle is a tactile filament, very extensile, without accessory filaments or nematocysts.
- The mouth is small and tubular, furnished with a long extensile tongue.
- These captacula are of unequal length, highly contractile and extensile, easily thrown off and regenerated.Advertisement
- Between the long, extensile, worm-like tongue of the anteaters, essential to the peculiar mode of feeding of those animals, and the short, immovable and almost functionless tongue of the porpoise, every intermediate condition is found.
- The first somite has become a prosthomere, and carries a pair of extensile antennae.
- As indicated in the accompanying illustration, the long-snouted phalanger is arboreal in habits, extracting honey and probably small insects from long-tubed flowers by means of its extensile tongue.