Exstrophy sentence example
- Another very rare birth defect called exstrophy can also increase a person's risk of developing bladder cancer later in life.
- The two most common congenital bladder abnormalities are exstrophy and congenital diverticula.
- Exstrophy of the bladder represents a failure of this folding process to complete itself, so the organs form with more or less of their front side missing and remain open to the outside.
- If left untreated, the person with bladder exstrophy will have no control over urination and is more likely than others to develop bladder cancer.
- Exstrophy can involve the rectum and large bowel and coexist with hernias.Advertisement
- The obvious bladder exstrophy seen at birth will prompt immediate action and a search for other anomalies.
- Exstrophy is rare, occurring once in approximately 40,000 births.