Expropriation sentence example
- This class, who desired to own their own land, were believed to have been won over and pacified by the expropriation of the owners of the large estates.
- The address in reply to the speech from the throne, voted after a debate in which abstract theories had triumphed over common sense, demanded universal suffrage, the establishment of pure parliamentary government, the abolition of capital punishment, the expropriation of the landlords, a political amnesty, and the suppression of the Imperial Council.
- Expropriation often is accompanied by infringements of the third ingredient, individual liberty, as well.
- Long term, this hurts nations more than expropriation has helped them.
- This is the last of the buildings and rubbish which encumbered the temple before the expropriation and clearances by the Service des Antiquites began in 1885.Advertisement
- The climax, however, was reached in 1907 when Prince BUlow, on the 26th of November, introduced into the Prussian parliament a bill to arm the German Colonization Committee in Posen with powers of compulsory expropriation.
- A bill forbidding the use of any language but German at public meetings, except by special permission of the police, had been laid before the Reichstag in 1907 by Prince Bulow at the same time as he had introduced the Expropriation Bill into the Prussian parliament.
- On the 3rd of October following the governor issued a proclamation providing further for the administration, and for the expropriation of the concessions other than those relating to land and minerals.
- A truly all-out indefinite general strike, therefore, immediately demands the effective de facto expropriation of the capitalists.
- Never before did any real revolutionist interpret social expropriation as the transfer of wealth from one set of individuals to another.Advertisement
- The expropriation of land and of the natural wealth are for Mexico an absolutely indispensable measure of national self-defense.
- The abolition of the field courts martial was demanded; on the 13th of April a bill for the expropriation of landlords was carried by a twothirds majority,' and the 30th the Army Bill would have been lost but for the Polish vote.
- The repressive efforts of the government, however, culminated in the bill, introduced in the session of 1907 by Prince Billow, providing for the compulsory expropriation of Polish landowners in favour of Germans.
- Nationalization and expropriation are wealth-extraction methods that typically only work once.