Expressionism sentence example
- Abstract expressionism was a New York painting movement of the 1940's with its artistic roots based upon abstract art.
- Setch is one of a generation of leading British artists whose work was fundamentally affected by American abstract expressionism in the late 1950s.
- Michael Curtiz was a director who came from Europe, influenced by German expressionism, therefore the lighting was expressionistic.
- A Norwegian painter who helped develop expressionism, most of Munch's work is centered on anxiety, sadness, and mourning, basing much of his art on his early childhood experiences of losing both parents and two siblings.
- Unfortunately, they brought many of their artistic ideals with them - including expressionism.Advertisement
- This intellectual, precisely messy work takes Abstract expressionism and beats it at its own game.
- Be prepared for black humor as well as mind-bending contradictions and deeply etched literary expressionism.
- Immediately, this does not match the exuberance and vitality of French expressionism.
- Like many painters who studied in the early 1980s, Innes fell under the spell of figurative expressionism.
- Experimental currents in visual arts such as abstract expressionism were unfavorably compared with the soviet socialist realism.Advertisement
- Experimental currents in visual arts such as abstract expressionism were unfavorably compared with the Soviet socialist realism.