Explication sentence example
- Among the manuscripts in the possession of the earl of Portsmouth there are many sheets in Sir Isaac's hand of Flamsteed's Explication of Hieroglyphic Figures, and in another hand many sheets of William Yworth's Processus Mysterii Magni Philosophicus.
- Philosophy may be said to be the explication of what is involved in this relation, or, in Kantian phraseology, a theory of its possibility.
- royaume agricole (1758), and the simultaneously published Tableau economique avec son explication, ou extrait des economies royales de Sully (with the celebrated motto, "Pauvres paysans, pauvre royaume; pauvre royaume, pauvre roi"); Dialogue sur le commerce et les travaux des artisans; and other minor pieces.
- He examines ideas (" explication of conceptions ") and by the" colligation of facts endeavours to unite these ideas to the facts and so construct science.
- Hooke, Explication of a Glade of Light, &c. (1685); Mairan, Observations de la lumiere zodiacale; L.Advertisement
- A fuller explication of this proposed axiology would have been useful.
- On the geology of France see the classic Explication de la carte goloique de La France (Paris, vol.
- But in any case it is characteristic of theosophy that it starts with an explication of the Divine essence, and endeavours to deduce the phenomenal universe from the play of forces within the Divine nature itself.
- The organized criticism of these conceptions is really nothing more than the full explication of what they mean and of what experience in its full nature or notion is.
- bothe for the use of Instrumentes Geometricall and Astronomicall, and also for Projection of Plattes (London, 1551); The Castle of Knowledge, containing the Explication of the Sphere both Celestiall and Materiall, &c. (London, 1556); The Whetstone of Witte, which is the second part of Arithmetike, containing the Extraction of Rootes, the Cossike Practice, with the Rules of Equation, and the Woorkes of Surde Numbers (London, 1557).Advertisement
- His other works are: Systeme universel (8 vols., 1812); Du Sort de l'homme (3 vols., 1820); Cours de philosophie (8 vols., 1824), reproduced as Explication universelle (3 vols., 1826-1828); Jeunesse, maturite, religion, philosophie (1837), De la phrenologie, du magnetisme, et de la folie (1843).
- 25 adds an explication of the case of Rahab also, cited in Heb.