Experimenter sentence example
- Clausius, to such an extent as to put its general accuracy beyond a doubt; but it received enormous developments from Maxwell, who in this field appeared as an experimenter (on the laws of gaseous friction) as well as a mathematician.
- Henry Cavendish, from which it appeared that Cavendish, already famous by many other researches (such as the mean density of the earth, the composition of water, &c.), must be looked on as, in his day, a man of Maxwell's own stamp as a theorist and an experimenter of the very first rank.
- He was, however, an able and conscientious experimenter, and was very fertile and ingenious in devising physical apparatus.
- A new and energetic spirit was introduced by Scheele; among other discoveries this gifted experimenter isolated and characterized many organic acids, and proved the general occurrence of glycerin (Olsiiss) in all oils and fats.
- We see now that the practice of the experimental method endows with a new vision both the experimenter himself and, through his influence, those who are associated with him in medical science, even if these be not themselves actually engaged in experiment; a new discipline is imposed upon old faculties, as is seen as well in other sciences as in those on which medicine more directly depends.Advertisement
- He at once gave evidence of unusual ability both as an original thinker and skilful experimenter.
- Sir Humphry Davy described him as a "very coarse experimenter," who "almost always found the results he required, trusting to his head rather than his hands."
- Hittorf tells us that Plucker never attained great manual dexterity as an experimenter.
- This was to be done as soon as they were woken by a doorbell, without the experimenter talking to them.
- To some extent, the experimenter can check for potential errors by referring to the perturbation of the field seen by local ground-based magnetometers.Advertisement
- In what ways are chains of failures of technical fixes historically connected to chains of attempts to escape the experimenter's regress?
- Now, suppose that the note produced with Savart's apparatus is in unison with A3, when the experimenter turns round the first wheel at the rate of 60 turns per minute or one per second, and that the circumferences of the various multiplying wheels are such that the rate of revolution of the toothed wheel is thereby increased 44 times, then the latter wheel will perform 44 revolutions in a, second,.
- A fascinating character and an extremely patient experimenter, Mendel was a German friar and scientist who figured out that plants (and presumably animals) had inheritable characteristics.
- Her whimsical and adventuresome spirit puts her so much on her mettle that she makes rather a poor subject for the psychological experimenter.
- In what ways are chains of failures of technical fixes historically connected to chains of attempts to escape the experimenter 's regress?Advertisement
- BlueStem Strings - These guitars are manufactured by Rudy Cordle, a guitar builder and experimenter with over thirty years of experience.
- He was himself a diligent investigator and experimenter, and he did much to encourage original research among his pupils, one of whom was Dr Joseph Black.