Expels sentence example
- It is not volatile below a white heat, and consequently, if heated with salts of more volatile acids, it expels the acid forming oxide from such salts; for example, if potassium sulphate be heated with boron trioxide, sulphur trioxide is liberated and potassium borate formed.
- Hence in the act of solidifying it expels any excess of gas which it has dissolved while liquid, and this gas becomes entangled in the freezing mass, causing gas bubbles or blowholes, as at A and B in fig.
- Although aniline is but feebly basic, it precipitates zinc, aluminium and ferric salts, and on warming expels ammonia from its salts.
- When it comes to infant bowel habits, what your child expels will depend primarily on what he eats.
- This is the same reason others feel taking large dosages of vitamin C is safe, because the body expels what it doesn't use.Advertisement
- The air inside is compressed in consequence and during an upstroke of the piston this air tends to regain its original volume and so expels the water, thus bringing about a continuous supply.
- The slices so blown up, or elevated, are passed through a mill which expels the surplus water, and are then pressed into cakes and dried until they hold about 12% of water and 88% of beet fibre.
- There are strategic vent zones at all the places where the body expels heat, further assisting in regulating your temperature.
- Excorcise - spell that expels demons from those who are inhabited by them, and Gargoyle, a spell that can turn opponents into stone.
- You will experience what appears to be a heavy period as the uterus expels its contents.Advertisement