Expectorated sentence example
- It is also added to cough mixtures, when the cough is of the dry, painful kind, which serves no purpose, as nothing is expectorated.
- Coughing helps to break up secretions in the lungs so that the mucus can be expectorated or suctioned out if necessary.
- This positive pressure permits airflow to reach beneath the areas of mucus obstruction and to move the mucus toward the larger airways where it can be expectorated.
- Many children may wish to perform oral hygiene measures after therapy to lessen the poor taste of the secretions they have expectorated.
- Coughing-In chest physical therapy, coughing is used to help break up secretions in the lungs so that the mucus can be suctioned out or expectorated.Advertisement