Expectorants sentence example
- A clinical or therapeutical classification into such divisions as anaesthetics, expectorants, bitters, and so on, according to their practical applications, also leads to difficulties, as many drugs are employed for numerous purposes.
- Expectorants increase the bronchial secretions; antispasmodics relax the spasm of the muscular coat of the bronchial tubes, e.g.
- The two types of drugs used to treat coughs are antitussives and expectorants.
- Expectorants are drugs that thin mucus in order to make it easier to cough up.
- Guaifenesin and terpin hydrate are the primary ingredients in most over-the-counter expectorants.Advertisement
- However, some studies have shown that in acute infections, simply increasing fluid intake has the same thinning effect as taking expectorants.
- Expectorants are drugs that loosen and clear mucus and phlegm from the respiratory tract.
- Expectorants are for use only in coughs with mucus production, sometimes called productive coughs.