Expectorant sentence example
- Thus as it passes out by the bronchial mucous membrane it increases the amount of secretion and so acts as an expectorant.
- It is employed in medicine as an expectorant.
- Grieve mentions that the antiseptic tar has been used internally as a stimulating expectorant in chronic bronchitis.
- The mucilage also acts as an expectorant which helps break up any mucous that is present.
- Guaifenesin, the only medicinal product in common use as an expectorant, is an ingredient in many cough medicines, such as Anti-Tuss, Dristan Cold & Cough, Guaifed, GuaiCough, and some Robitussin products.Advertisement
- There is some dispute, even among experts, about whether guaifenesin is an effective expectorant.
- Expectorant cough medicines, unlike cough suppressants, do not stop the cough.
- These other treatments include suctioning, nebulizer treatments, and the administering expectorant drugs.