Exoskeleton sentence example
- Many corals have a hard exoskeleton made of calcium carbonate.
- Prawns and shrimps have a rigid exoskeleton that protects the soft internal structure.
- We come, accordingly, to regard it as practically an exoskeleton, and its functions as distinctly subordinate to those of the protoplasm which it clothes.
- Trilobites are an extinct group of arthropod - animals with jointed exoskeleton like crabs, shrimps and lobsters.
- Linnaeus in his Systema naturae (1735) grouped under the class Insecta all segmented animals with firm exoskeleton and jointed limbs - that is to say, the insects, centipedes, millipedes, crustaceans, spiders, scorpions and their allies.Advertisement
- The distinguishing feature of all arthropods is the chitinous exoskeleton (Barnes, 1987 ), thus teflubenzuron is lethal to them all.
- Banana Guard is a tough plastic exoskeleton for your banana to wear when going into battle in the dangerous world of your lunchbox.
- The general ectoderm covering the surface of the body has entirely lost the cilia present in the earlier larval stages (planula), and may be naked, or clothed in a cuticle or exoskeleton, the perisarc (ps), which in its simplest condition is a chitinous membrane secreted by the ectoderm.
- In general there are two types of exoskeleton, characteristic of the two principal divisions of the Hydroidea.
- However, crabs are very successful marine animals, so that unwieldy suit of armor, or exoskeleton, must have its advantages.Advertisement
- Exoskeleton The outer cellular layer (ectoderm or " hypodermis ") of insects as of other Arthropods, secretes a chitinous cuticle which has to be periodically shed and renewed during the growth of the animal.
- In its simplest form the exoskeleton of a typical somite is a ring of chitin defined from the rings in front and behind by areas of thinner integument forming moveable joints, and having a pair of appendages articulated to its ventral surface on either side of the middle line.
- Even though Ebirah doesn't have any super powers, his strong pincers, tough exoskeleton and swift swimming abilities make him a formidable foe.
- In the abdominal exoskeleton the segmental structure is very clearly marked, a series of sclerites - dorsal terga and abdominal sterna - being connected by pale, feebly chitinized cuticle, so that considerable freedom of movement between the segments is possible.
- Many beetles make a hissing or chirping sound by rubbing a "scraper," formed by a sharp edge or prominence on some part of their exoskeleton, over a "file" formed by a number of fine ridges situate on an adjacent region.Advertisement
- The regions of this cuticle have a markedly segmental arrangement, and the definite hardened pieces (sclerites) of the exoskeleton are in close contact with one another along linear sutures, or are united by regions of the cuticle which are less chitinous and more membranous, so as to permit freedom of movement.