Executive-officer sentence example
- Damian hung up and looked at his executive officer and sparring partner.
- He was made adjutant-general to Colonel Mason, military governor, and as such was executive officer in the administration of 'local government till peace came in the autumn of 1848 and the province was ceded to the United States.
- Town (or township) government in New York somewhat resembles that of New England; the chief executive officer of the town is a supervisor, who represents his town in the county " board of supervisors."
- His policy of gaining time had received a severe blow in the failure of his executive officer to realize it, and that officer, though his unpursued troops quickly regained their moral, had himself completely lost confidence.
- In1785-1788he was speaker of the Pennsylvania general assembly (then consisting of only one house); he was a member of the Federal Constitutional Convention of 1787, and president of the state supreme executive council (or chief executive officer of the state) in 1788-1790.Advertisement
- These two great enterprises had substantially despatched Justinian's work; however, he, or rather Tribonian, who seems to have acted both as his adviser and as his chief executive officer in all legal affairs, conceived that a third book was needed, viz.
- The chief executive officer is styled administrator and is chosen by the Union ministry; the administrator is appointed for five years and is irremovable.
- The executive officer is the Amin, a kind of mayor, elected from some influential family in which the dignity is often in practice hereditary.
- He appoints numerous officers with the concurrence of the Senate, has the usual power of vetoing legislative bills, and has authority to inspect the records of officers, or to employ accountants to do so, and to suspend, during a recess of the General Assembly, any executive officer at the seat of government except the lieutenant-governor; he must, however, report to the General Assembly at its next session the cause of any suspension and that body determines whether the suspended officer shall be restored or removed.
- The governor is the only executive officer of the state elected by popular vote.Advertisement
- The chief executive officer is an official appointed by the Union government and styled administrator of the province.
- In all classes the executive officer is a mayor elected for four years and ineligible to succeed himself.
- The governor is the chief executive officer of the state, but quite independent of him are a lieutenant-governor, a secretary of state, an auditor of public accounts, a treasurer, a superintendent of public instruction, an attorney-general and a commissioner of public lands and buildings, who, as well`as the governor, are elected for a term of two years.
- The governor is the only state executive officer who is elected by the people.
- Which they increase executive officer of iaa which are administered several financial sources.Advertisement
- He was executive officer in the "Patapsco" when she was blown up in Charleston Harbor in January 1865.
- In the course of investigating, the Executive Officer Kane (John Hurt) is attacked by a 'face hugger', a small many-legged creature that wraps itself around his face.
- War veteran and friend to Bill Adama, Saul Tigh serves as Galactica's executive officer.