Executioners sentence example
- The executioners were ceaselessly at work with stake, sword and gibbet.
- The pasha was ordered either to hand over the executioners to vengeance or to resign his place; as he refused to do the forfner he was compelled to do the latter, and presently a rescript came from Constantinople, approving the conduct of the army and appointing one KhalIl Pasha as Musas successor.
- When they were all collected, a body of executioners rushed into the hall and slew them with clubs.
- He was carried to Samarra, led through the city on the back of an elephant, and then delivered to the executioners, who cut off his arms and legs.
- His prefect Rictiovarus endeavoured to carry out the sentence, but they emerged unharmed from all the ordeals to which he subjected them, and the weapons he used recoiled against the executioners.Advertisement
- Each man slew his wife and children; ten men were selected by lot to slay the rest; one man slew the nine executioners, fired the palace and fell upon his sword.
- In the year 21 6 - the time when the imperial executioners were ravaging Alexandria - we find Origen in Palestine.
- Already in 68 B.C. he had paraded the bust of Marius at his aunt's funeral; in 65 B.C., as curule aedile, he restored the trophies of Marius to their place on the Capitol; in 64 B.C., as president of the murder commission, he brought three of Sulla's executioners to trial, and in 63 B.C. he caused the ancient procedure of trial by popular assembly to be revived against the murderer of Saturninus.
- Resisting his offers, the youth went on to Rome, received the papal benediction, and then, in accordance with his promise, returned to Lyons, where he stayed for three years, till the murder of his patron, whose fate the executioners would not let him share.
- After the feudal vassals, decimated Struggle by the wars of religion and the executioners hand, with the and after the recalcitrant taxpayers, the Protestants, Protest- in their turn, and by their own fault, experienced this.Advertisement
- That is what Slobodan Milosevic ' s willing executioners have done to Kosovo.
- At the same moment the executioners gave their man the final heave.