Execration sentence example
- "No tears are shed for nations," cried Francis, whose sympathy for the Revolution was as passionate as Burke's execration of it.
- This young Mahratta, since known to universal execration as the arch-villain of the Mutiny, was secretly burning with a sense of injury received from the Indian government.
- Benedict, however, was obliged to bow before the execration of the Romans.
- Marat's name was long an object of execration on account of his insistence on the death penalty.
- Execration of Haman, as the typical persecutor of the Jews, took various forms. In Germany wooden mallets were used in the synagogue to beat the benches when Haman's name was read out from the scroll of Esther, and during the festivities these mallets were sometimes used on the heads of the bystanders.Advertisement
- The report, however, sealed the fate of the Giolitti cabinet, and on the 24th of November it resigned amid general execration.
- You shall become an execration, a horror, a curse, and a taunt.