Excusing sentence example
- End the conversation by excusing yourself.
- If the skeleton dated back to the 1960's, as they were now beginning to believe, all the current playersâ€”the four Dawkinses, stepmother Jenny Radisson, and even Fitzgeraldâ€”would have barely been born, thereby excusing them from any direct culpability.
- On the morning of January 15, five days only after the adoption of Piso, Otho attended as usual to pay his respects to the emperor, and then hastily excusing himself on the score of private business hurried from the Palatine to meet his accomplices.
- In 1874 the university of GÃƒ¶ttingen granted her a degree in absentia, excusing her from the oral examination on account of the remarkable excellence of the three dissertations sent in, one of which, on the theory of partial differential equations, is one of her most remarkable works.
- The Los Angeles School District has estimated that 10 percent of its students are absent each day and that only 5 percent return with written notes from home excusing the absence.Advertisement
- In October of the same year, however, he returned to Saxony, excusing himself by asserting that his lands had not been defended according to the emperor's promise.
- The soldiers live by plunder, the monks by alms. The haughtiest Abyssinian is not above begging, excusing himself with the remark, "God has given us speech for the purpose of begging."
- Then, excusing herself, she went to the door of the old prince's room.
- He wrote 3 to the Lords excusing his absence, requesting them to appoint a convenient time for his defence and cross-examination of witnesses, and imploring them not to allow their minds to be prejudiced against him, at the same time declaring that he would not " trick up an innocency with cavillations, but plainly and ingenuously declare what he knew or remembered."