Excretes sentence example
- The gland evidently excretes, or at any rate gets rid of, a certain waste product of a proteid nature, which otherwise tends to accumulate in the tissues and to excite certain nervous and tissue phenomena.
- Bile is a liquid mixture of cholesterol, bile salts, and waste products, including bilirubin, which the liver excretes through thousands of tiny biliary ducts to the intestine, where the bile aids in the digestive process of dietary fats.
- Overhydration occurs when the body takes in more water than it excretes and its normal sodium level is diluted.
- Overhydration, which has been cited as a hazard of infant swimming lessons, occurs whenever a baby drinks too much water, excretes too little fluid, or consumes and retains too much water.
- During pregnancy, the fetus excretes AFP in urine, and some of the protein crosses the fetal membranes to enter the mother's blood.Advertisement
- Your body does not store excess amounts, but rather excretes them.
- Overdose or toxicity caused by the ingestion of too many B vitamins is thought to be nonexistent because the body simply excretes any excess of the water soluble vitamins via the urine.
- As the beneficial bacteria colonizes, it chases out the harmful organisms, which your body excretes.
- This leads to reduced caloric intake, because your body excretes the fat rather than using it as energy.
- This cellular layer is called the hypodermis; it is protected externally by a cuticle, a layer of matter it itself excretes, or in the excretion of which it plays, at any rate, an important part.Advertisement