Excise-tax sentence example
- The first bill laid before the Estates by the government was to impose an excise tax on the principal articles of consumption, together with subsidiary taxes on cattle, poultry, &c., in return for which the abolition of all the old direct taxes was promised.
- Production of fuel ethanol has been encouraged by a partial exemption from the motor fuels excise tax.
- Compensation is paid from the Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund that is funded by a 75-cent excise tax on every purchased dose of a covered vaccine.
- The government charges merchants or manufacturers an excise tax on some products, and in turn, the consumer pays the additional cost.
- Gasoline and cigarettes are two examples of products requiring the additional excise tax.Advertisement
- It may seem desirable to live in a state free of "sales tax" but often related tax is imposed, such as 'use tax' or excise tax.
- Depending on the type of excise tax you have to file, you may have to register with other databases.