Excelsior sentence example
- There's not much to set this Excelsior apart from many other good Cabs, except it only cost eight bucks.
- The Enterprise name is featured on the NX class, a Constitution Class, Excelsior Class, Ambassador Class and Galaxy Class vessels.
- Some of the more popular ships throughout the series included the original USS Enterprise, USS Essex, USS Archon, USS Reliant, USS Excelsior and the USS Grissom.
- Brown Globe, including Magnum Bonum; White Globe; Yellow Danvers; White Spanish, in its several forms; Trebons, the finest variety for autumn sowing, attaining a large size early, ripening well, and keeping good till after Christmas; Ailsa Craig; Ronsham Park Hero; James's Keeping; Cranston's Excelsior; Blood Red, strong-flavoured.
- In the next month some pro-slavery men presented claims to a part of the land, projected a rival town to be called Excelsior on the same site, and threatened violence; but when Lawrence had organized its "regulators" the pro-slavery men retired and later agreed to a compromise by which the town site was limited to 640 acres.Advertisement
- Common Ash Latin name: Fraxinus excelsior Origin: Native The ash is an important timber tree.
- The acidic soils support sweet chestnut Castanea sativa, sessile oak Quercus petraea, and ash Fraxinus excelsior.
- Among the famous stones found in the mine are the "Excelsior" (weighing 971 carats, and larger than any previously discovered) and the "Jubilee" (see Diamond).
- Excelsior College's prior learning program is similar to Thomas Edison State's program in that you must take a course: Introduction to Prior Learning and Portfolio Development.
- Excelsior College has its Prior Learning Assessment Student Resource Manual online for more information.Advertisement
- Easy to drink, the 2004 version from Excelsior shows a well-managed nose with ripe fruit aromas of plums and currants with vanilla oak essences.
- Don't bother to cellar this Excelsior; drink it now, time is not on its side.
- The Asscher Diamond Company cut many noteworthy diamonds, including the Excelsior diamond and the Cullinan diamond, which is one of the British Crown Jewels.
- The Asscher Diamond Company cut many historic diamonds, such as the Cullinan diamond, a 3,106 carat diamond that is now one of the British Crown Jewels and the 995 carat Excelsior diamond.
- The Lido, another island in the lagoon, is Italy's most fashionable bathing resort, and some of its most famous hotels are found along the Lido Promenade (such as the Grand Hotel des Bains and the Grand Hotel Excelsior).Advertisement
- He was given command of the USS Excelsior.
- Until 1905 the largest known diamond in the world was the Excelsior, found in 1893 at Jagersfontein by a native while loading a truck.
- The common ash (Fraxinus excelsior) is a native of Europe and Northern Asia, and is grown extensively in Great Britain.