Excavator sentence example
- The excavator also claimed to have found the omphalos itself.
- But two difficulties face the would-be excavator in Alexandria.
- Though he plays the role of excavator Sallah in Raiders of the Lost Ark, actor John Rhys-Davies is probably best known currently for his role of Gimli in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- The world of Sasquatch sightings was silent again until 1958 when excavator Jerry Crew claimed that he found large footprints at a job site in California.
- Excavation is permitted under government supervision, and the finds are apportioned in thirds, between the excavator, the landowner (who is usually bought out by the former), and the government.Advertisement
- When, in 1880, General Pitt-Rivers obtained possession of his great-uncle's estates-practically untouched by the excavator since they had been the battleground of the West Saxons, the Romans and the Britons-he devoted himself to exploring them.
- We are using a long reach excavator to nibble away at the stadium structure.
- It remained for the more robust faith of a Schliemann to show that such scepticism was all too faint-hearted, by proving that at such sites as Tiryns, Mycenae and Hissarlik evidences of a very early period of Greek civilization awaited the spade of the excavator.
- Filling the breach with clay using the dumper and CAT excavator.
- The long reach tracked excavator was moved over from the Causeway site.Advertisement
- A mini excavator working in the jacking shield, just ahead of the first pipe, removed 290 cubic meters of spoil.
- Standing on the half-built bridge is the 43 ton excavator - this is to test the bridge!
- A long reach excavator has been mobilized from the mainland via barge on 23rd July.
- The 1960s excavator Hugh Thompson admitted that the techniques used then were ' brutal ' .
- But two difficulties face the wouldbe excavator in Alexandria.Advertisement
- Forward mounted to fit any tractor front loader, telehandler, excavator or skid steers.
- This building, the date of which is not yet finally settled, though its excavator believes it to be of the Old Kingdom like the temple of the Sphinx at Giza, is one of the most remarkable in Egypt, and the completion of its excavation is much to be desired.
- Such may, of course, form the greater part of the harvest and working material of a scientific excavator; their presence is most welcome to him, but their complete absence need be no bar to his attainment of important historical results.