Eversible sentence example
- Alimentary canal rarely coiled, occasionally with glands which are simple caeca and sometimes serve as air reservoirs; jaws often present and an eversible pharynx.
- Parapod.ia hardly projecting; palps of prosomium forming branched gills; no pharynx or eversible buccal region; no septa in thorax, septa in abdomen regularly disposed.
- The buccal region is unarmed and not eversible.
- The distal extremity of this apparatus is sometimes eversible as a penis.
- There is no reason in the actual significance of the word why the term " proboscis " should be applied to an alternately introversible and eversible tube connected with an animal's body, and yet such is a very customary use of the term.Advertisement
- Each cansists of an eversible hollow tentacle provided with hooklets and capable of introversion within a mem The excretory organs consist of flame-cells, richly convoluted canaliculi, and a pair of longitudinal canals leading to the exterior by one or more pores.
- From this point a glandular tube runs to the genital atrium and during the last part of its course is converted into an eversible hooked "cirrus" or penis.
- The first of these usually carries a ventral tube, furnished with paired eversible sacs which assist the insects in walking on smooth surfaces, and perhaps serve also as organs for breathing.
- The eversible sacs on the abdominal segments are shown, some protruded and some retracted.