Even-number sentence example
- According to this view, it is necessary to assume that, in all unsaturated compounds, two, or some even number of affinities are disengaged; and also that all elements which combine with an even number of monad atoms cannot combine with an odd number, and vice versa, - in other words, that the number of units of affinity active in the case of any given element must be always either an even or an odd number, and that it cannot be at one time an even and at another an odd number.
- Where there are two or any other even number of arbitrators, provision is usually made for an umpire (French sur-arbitre).
- The problem of finding the sum of r terms is aided by graphic representation, which shows that the terms may be taken in pairs, working from the outside to the middle; the two cases of an odd number of terms and an even number of terms may be treated separately at first, and then combined by the ordinary method, viz.
- Thus, in place of his general tri-quaternion we might deal with products of an odd number of point-plane-scalars (of form, uq+wr) which are themselves point-plane-scalars; and products of an even number which are octonions; the quotient of two point-plane-scalars would be an octonion, of two octonions an octonion, of an octonion by a point-plane-scalar or the inverse a point-plane-scalar.
- That the volume may be constant, either n or m must be an even number.Advertisement
- For real figures we have the general theorem that imaginary intersections, &c., present themselves in conjugate pairs; hence, in particular, that a curve of an even order is met by a line in an even number (which may be = o) of points; a curve of an odd order in an odd number of points, hence in one point at least; it will be seen further on that the theorem may be generalized in a remarkable manner.
- And we have then the theorem, two odd circuits intersect in an odd number of points; an odd and an even circuit, or two even circuits, in an even number of points.
- A composite fermion consists of an electron (or hole) bound to an even number of magnetic flux quanta.
- Although superficially intact, even number five was warmed through.
- When creating your centerpiece arrangement, keep in mind that an odd number of elements generally is more pleasing to the eye than an even number.Advertisement
- If the number you get is an odd number (i.e. 35), round up to the next even number (for example, 36).
- You can use an odd or even number for this measurement.
- If you get an odd number, round up to the next even number.
- This measurement should be an even number.
- If you end up with an odd number, round it up to the nearest even number.Advertisement
- The constitution provides that the terms of supreme and circuit judges shall be such even number of years not less than six as may be prescribed by the legislature - the statutory provision is six years - that of the judges of the common pleas six years, that of the probate judges four years, that of other judges such even number of years not exceeding six as may be prescribed by the legislature - the statutory provision is six years - and that of justices of the peace such even number of years not exceeding four as may be thus prescribed - the statutory provision is four years.
- The fact is that not only have the larger subdivisions a different arrangement and even number of the muscular layers, but even within the same genus, nay, in the same species, well-marked differences occur.
- The formula shows that except for numbers of the form (3n 2 n) the number of partitions without repetitions into an odd number of parts is equal to the number of partitions without repetitions into an even number of parts, whereas for the excepted numbers these numbers differ by unity.