European-parliament sentence example
- For here, looming above a pretty lake, rises the great glass edifice of the European Parliament Building.
- Concern in Europe was so great that the European Parliament passed a resolution on January 18, 2006 condemning homophobia.
- He went on to describe UKIP's allies in the European Parliament as " xenophobic and anti-Semitic " and " bloody right-wing nutters.
- How the EPP group in the European parliament got him the job.
- I am the shadow rapporteur for this EU Directive in the Industry Committee of the European Parliament.Advertisement
- Sir Robert also said that irate British cross-channel shoppers had submitted ten petitions to the European Parliament complaining about customs officers ' behavior.
- The city has been renting the two properties from Dutch company called Erasme and then subletting them to the European parliament.
- Yet, visiting Strasbourg yesterday to address the European Parliament for the first time, he became somewhat tongue-tied.
- In Alsace-Lorraine German-speaking immigrants are gradually displacing, under 1 Schemes of thinkers, like William Penn's European Parliament (1693); the Abbe St Pierre's elaboration (c. 1700) of Henry IV.'s " grand design " (see supra); Jeremy Bentham's International Tribunal (1786-1789); Kant's Permanent Congress of Nations and Perpetual Peace (1796); John Stuart Mill's Federal Supreme Court; Seeley's, Bluntschli's, David Dudley Field's, Professor Leone Levi's, Sir Edmund Hornby's co-operative schemes for promoting law and order among nations, have all contributed to popularizing in different countries the idea of a federation of mankind for the preservation of peace.
- I am the shadow Rapporteur for this EU Directive in the Industry Committee of the European Parliament.Advertisement
- There is no need to refer a complaint through a Member of the European Parliament.
- The experience of the last four years has shown me quite clearly just what a sham of democracy the European Parliament really is.