Euonymus sentence example
- Examples are Umbelliferae as a family, saxifrages, holly, Acer, Rhamnus, Euonymus, Euphorbia, &c.
- Amongst shrubby plants suitable for edgings are the evergreen candytuft (Iberis sempervirens), Euonymus radicans variegata, ivy, and Euonymus microphyllus - a charming little evergreen with small serrated leaves.
- Euonymus europaeus - Spindle Viburnum - Guelder Rose, &c.
- Ermani), elder, poplar, elm, wild cherry (Prunus padus), Taxus baccata and several willows are mixed with the conifers; while farther south the maple, mountain ash and oak, as also the Japanese Panax ricinifolium, the Amur cork (Philodendron amurense), the spindle tree (Euonymus macropterus) and the vine (Vitis thunbergii) make their appearance.Advertisement
- They are seven in number - Lipari (Lipara, pop. in 1901, 15,290), Stromboli (Strongyle), Salina (Didyme, pop. in 1901, 4934), Filicuri (Phoenicusa), Alicuri (Ericusa), Vulcano (Hiera, Therasia or Thermissa), the mythical abode of Hephaestus, and Panaria (Euonymus).
- Leaving the courtyard up a flight of steps, there is a ram's head fountain spilling water gently between branches of variegated euonymus.
- euonymus alatus Rosa roxburghii, when mature, peel and flake in cinnamon tinted hues.
- The winged spindle euonymus alatus Rosa roxburghii, when mature, peel and flake in cinnamon tinted hues.
- Pachystima - A group of low evergreen shrubs, like the Euonymus, the two best known being from the mountains of N.W. America.Advertisement