Ethanoic sentence example
- In the above reaction, the ethanoic ion is the conjugate base of ethanoic acid.
- The reasons for using ethanoic anhydride rather than ethanoyl chloride include: Ethanoic anhydride is cheaper than ethanoyl chloride.
- The same reactions with acid anhydrides Ethanoic anhydride is the only one you are likely to come across for UK A level purposes.
- The overall equation for the reaction is: With ethanoic anhydride, heat is needed.
- We'll take ethanoyl chloride as a typical acyl chloride, and ethanoic anhydride as a typical acid anhydride.Advertisement
- Ethanoic acid is used in the manufacture of the fiber, acetate rayon.