Eschews sentence example
- To this day the spoken language of Japanese women is appreciably simpler and softer than that of the men, and to this day while the educated woman uses the hiragana syllabary in writing, eschews Chinese sords and rarel pens an ideograph, the educated man employs the ideograp entirely, and translates his thoughts as far as possible into thi mispronounced Chinese words without recourse -to which it would be impossible for him to discuss any scientific subject, or even tc refer to the details of his daily business.
- The method resembles that of the First Epistle of John, for although the errorists attacked in the latter manifesto are not those of the pastorals, and although the one writer eschews entirely the inner authority of the Spirit which the other posits, the same anti-gnostic emphasis on practical religion and stereotyped doctrine is felt in both.
- When writing to Atticus he eschews all ornamentation, uses short sentences, colloquial idioms, rare diminutives and continually quotes Greek.
- The Academy deliberately eschews any finer-grained assessment scale of reports in order to maintain the principal of proportionality.
- Looks at a scheme in Angola which largely eschews air-conditioning in favor of a more natural solution.Advertisement
- He focuses on the kernel, and on code and quality, and almost completely eschews politics.
- She also eschews interpretation of the statute in terms of her own policy preferences.
- Country style design eschews the formal, drawing room style of classic design in favor of a comfortable, lived-in look.
- Traditional design eschews anything modern or eclectic, overstated or wild.
- As individuals ponder new lifestyle choices, a vegan diet, which eschews all animal products, stands out as an option.Advertisement
- This eschews any second guessing as the game automatically highlights all your possible moves.
- Although it eschews many of the traditional complexities of most strategy games, Oasis retains a fair amount of choice, chance and gameplay strategies.
- A formal wine tasting normally eschews food with wine outside of nondescript crackers to help cleanse the palate.
- In keeping with the times, the line eschews "cutesy" styles in favor of contemporary, clean lines that both moms and daughters can appreciate.
- It is true that while formal etiquette eschews gifting the couple at an engagement party many people will do it anyway.Advertisement
- The Duggars are part of the Quiverfull movement, a conservative Christian ideology that eschews birth control and believes that God should decide how many children they have.
- Asanebo eschews the typical sushi bar trappings and offers sophisticated tastes featuring only food that is in season.