Erythropoietic sentence example
- Porphyrias that affect heme biosynthesis in immature red blood cells were referred to as erythropoietic porphyries.
- Congenital erythropoietic porphyria (step 4).
- Congenital erythropoietic porphyria (CEP) is also called Gunther's disease, erythropoietic porphyria, congenital porphyria, congenital hematoporphyria, and erythropoietic uroporphyria.
- Also known as protoporphyria and erythrohepatic protoporphyria, erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP) is more common than CEP; more than 300 cases have been reported.
- The erythropoietic porphyrias and porphyria cutanea tarda do not follow this pattern and are considered to be chronic conditions.Advertisement
- The key points of congenital erythropoietic porphyria treatment are avoiding exposure to sunlight and prevention of skin trauma or skin infection.
- Avoiding sunlight, using sunscreens, and taking beta-carotene supplements are typical treatment options for erythropoietic protoporphyria.
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital erythropoietic porphyria has been successfully accomplished.