Ersatz sentence example
- The dishonest store owner tried to sell ersatz products but claimed that they were designer.
- Olive Garden's décor is designed to promote an ersatz Italian-American look-prominently featuring elements such as wine bottles, stucco walls, and displays of lush foliage.
- After the thieves stole the artwork, they replaced it with an ersatz version to try to get away with the crime.
- She tried to make an ersatz version of the pizza without using gluten.
- I expect they will have used digital wizardry to produce some ersatz evidence of daring dos with which to impress us.Advertisement
- The man has a keen eye for noticing when a product is ersatz.
- The Ersatz consists exclusively of young men, who would in war time be drafted to the regimental depots and thence sent, with what training circumstances had in the meantime allowed, to the front.
- Some men of the Ersatz receive a short preliminary training in peace time.
- For an offensive war, only the active army, the reserve, the Ersatz and the 1st levy of the Landwehr would be really available.
- Econ Scrutiny, Inc., our ersatz employer, proved to be rather interesting.Advertisement