Ergotism sentence example
- Chronic poisoning, or ergotism, used frequently to occur amongst the poor fed on rye infected with the Claviceps.
- As it is practically impossible to reproduce the symptoms of ergotism nowadays, whether experimentally in the lower animals, or when the drug is being administered to a human being for some therapeutic purpose, it is believed that the symptoms of ergotism were rendered possible only by the semi-starvation which must have ensued from the use of such rye-bread; for the grain disappears as the fungus develops.
- There were two types of ergotism.
- Traces of ergot were found in his bloodstream as in yours, but not to the degree that should cause hallucinogenic ergotism.
- The last-known "epidemic" of ergotism occurred in Lorraine and Burgundy in the year 1816.Advertisement