Erg sentence example
- A more convenient unit of work or energy, in practice, on account of the smallness of the erg, is the joule, which is equal to 10.7 ergs, or one watt-second of electrical energy.
- The unit of work is that which is required to overcome a resistance of a dyne over a centimetre, and is called an Erg.
- These surfaces are called "equipotential" or "level surfaces," and we may so locate them that the potential difference between two adjacent surfaces is one unit of potential; that is, it requires one absolute unit of work (I erg) to move a small body charged with one unit of electricity from one surface to the next.
- However, the ERG including Ofcom has significant reservations about the regulatory mechanisms proposed by the EC.
- In the latitude of Paris the dyne is equal to the weight of about of a gramme, and the erg is the amount of work required to raise Ti lerof a gramme vertically through one centimetre.Advertisement
- The unit of energy should therefore be the same as that of work, and the centimetregramme-second (C.G.S.) unit of energy is the erg.