Erebus sentence example
- It is not, however, a mere abstraction, being filled with clouds and darkness; from it proceed Erebus and Nyx (Night), whose children are Aether (upper air) and Hemera (Day).
- At the same time, Erebus, seeing another part of the large berg turned to starboard.
- Other members of the expedition climbed Mount Erebus and reached the south magnetic pole.
- Erebus is the main point source for NO 2 (and very likely other reactive nitrogen oxides) in the antarctic troposphere.
- Erebus is the main point source for NO 2 (and very likely other reactive nitrogen oxides) in the Antarctic troposphere.Advertisement
- These original gods were Tartarus, Gaia (earth), Eros (perhaps - also given as son of Ares and Aphrodite), Nyx (night) and Erebus.
- Simple galls are those that arise when only one member of a plant is involved; compound galls 1 For figure and description see Zoology of the " Erebus " and " Terror," ii.
- Out to seaward were the two monitors "Erebus" and "Terror" for bombarding the batteries.
- Of moths alone Mr Whymper took away with him specimens representing no less than 23 genera, with a probable addition of 13 genera more among his undescribed specimens, the largest of which (an Erebus odora) was 74 in.
- Erebus, reaching the summit on the 11th, the second occasion of its ascent.Advertisement