Erbium sentence example
- of yttria, Y203, and 42.75 of the oxides of erbium, cerium, didymium, lanthanum, iron, beryllium, calcium, magnesium and sodium.
- ERBIUM (symbol, Er; atomic weight, 165-166), one of the metals of the rare earths.
- Meyer thinks that the susceptibilities of the metals praseodymium, neodymium, ytterbium, samarium, gadolinium, and erbium, when obtained in a pure form, will be found to equal or even exceed those of the well-known ferromagnetic metals.
- Many of their compounds are very strongly magnetic, erbium, for example, in Er203 being four times as strong as iron in the familiar magnetite or lodestone, Fe203.
- In the 4th century it is named by the poet Ausonius in his Ordo nobilium erbium, chiefly, perhaps, on the strength of its historic memories.Advertisement
- The new cavity configuration allowed tuning of the laser continuously over 25 nm of the erbium gain bandwidth by using a bulk diffraction grating.
- erbium laser.
- In its character yttrium is closely allied to, and in nature is always associated with, cerium, lanthanum, didymium and erbium (see Rare Earths).
- GADOLINIUM (symbol Gd., atomic weight 157.3), one of the rare earth metals (see Erbium).
- The glass in these lenses contains three elements (neodymium, erbium, and praseodymium) which enhance color perception while improving both contrast and depth perception.Advertisement
- Laser treatment for acne scars typically uses a combination of a carbon dioxide and an erbium laser.
- Erbium forms rose-coloured salts and a rose-coloured oxide.