Erb sentence example
- Some names, such as obstetric Erb's palsy, refer to the specific region of the brachial plexus where the injury has occurred.
- Obstetric Erb's palsy is an injury in the upper brachial plexus involving C5 and C6 and sometimes C7.
- Erb's palsy is the most common type of obstetric brachial plexopathy.
- Erb's palsy has the best prognosis since, although shoulder, elbow, and forearm function may be affected, the hands and fingers are not affected.
- However, infants with Erb's palsy that involves C7 as well as C5 and C6 have a poorer prognosis.Advertisement
- In addition Erb's palsy may lead to secondary deformities as the child grows.
- Erb's palsy or paralysis-A condition caused by an injury to the upper brachial plexus, involving the cervical nerves C5, C6, and sometimes C7, affecting the upper arm and the rotation of the lower arm.
- There are numerous support groups across the United States for the families of children with Erb's palsy and other brachial plexopathies.
- If the delay occurs mainly in one developmental area, the child may have hemiplegia, a brachial plexus injury, such as Erb's or Klumple's palsy, or a broken clavicle.