Erastianism sentence example
- That principle is Spiritual in- equally opposed to Erastianism and to Papacy, to the civil power dominating the Church, and to the ecclesiastical power dominating the state.
- Episcopacy, Erastianism and Independency, though of little account in the assembly, were to bulk largely in England's future; while the church polity which the assembly favoured and recommended was to be almost unknown.
- What is known as " Erastianism " would be better connected with the name of Grotius.
- The Testimony of the King of Martyrs concerning His Kingdom (1729) is a classic repudiation of erastianism and defence of the spiritual autonomy of the church under Jesus Christ.
- In England, in the 17th century, the square flat top began to be enlarged, forming a rim of thick stuff projecting beyond the close-fitting cap. This was the "square cap" so virulently denounced by the Puritans as a symbol of High Church Erastianism.Advertisement
- He had qualms about vestments and other traces of "popery" as well as about the Erastianism of Elizabeth's ecclesiastical government.