Equipage sentence example
- In magnificence of equipage and retinue the abbots vied with the first nobles of the realm.
- He was not rich, but would spend his last groat to be better dressed than others, and would rather deprive himself of many pleasures than allow himself to be seen in a shabby equipage or appear in the streets of Petersburg in an old uniform.
- But this derivation is doubtful, the origin of the name being also ascribed to that of an English carriage-builder, Landow, who introduced this form of equipage.
- He marched rapidly from Kabul at the head of a force, with which he encountered Ayub Khan under the walls of Kandahar, and routed his army on 22nd September, taking all his guns and equipage.
- Some little time being lost in seeking our own equipage, we reached the hotel perhaps about ten minutes after these strangers.Advertisement