Epipodial sentence example
- Stomatella, foot truncated posteriorly, an oper culum present, no epipodial tentacles.
- Shell spirally coiled; epipodial tentacles present; operculum thick and calcareous.
- Foot divided into two, posterior half bearing the operculum; a wide epipodial velum; shell turbinated.
- The first is flaccid and sluggish in its movements, and has not much power of contraction; its epipodial lobes are enormously developed and extend far forward along the body; it gives out when handled an abundance of purple liquid, which is derived from cutaneous glands situated on the under side of the free edge of the mantle.
- In the Amphipoda, the gills though arising from the inner side of the bases of the thoracic legs are probably also epipodial in nature.Advertisement
- The podobranchiae are clearly epipodites, or, more correctly, parts of the epipodites, and it is probable that the arthroand pleuro-branchiae are also epipodial in origin and have migrated from the proximal segment of the limbs on to the adjacent body-wall.