Epiphysis sentence example
- In young people X-rays also help to exclude a slipped femoral epiphysis.
- These bones grow at their ends, in a region called the epiphysis.
- The bite had left a sub-circular depressed fracture about 6mm across on the dorsal surface of the shaft, just above the distal epiphysis.
- Slipped upper femoral epiphysis is a common cause of limping and leg pain in adolescents, and the symptoms should be taken seriously.
- The two bones were Ovis or Capra femur and were articulated, an unfused proximal epiphysis and the shaft from the same individual.Advertisement
- The epiphysis, or pineal body, is quite as degenerate as in mammals, although still forming a long stalk as in reptiles.
- Specimens in the museum at Tervueren near Brussels show that in fully adult males the horns are subtriangular and inclined somewhat backwards; each being capped with a small polished epiphysis, which projects through the skin investing the rest of the horn.