Epigraphy sentence example
- His research interests include Greek epigraphy from Roman Asia Minor.
- Glaser have done most for epigraphy, while Manzoni is to be remembered for his excellent geographical work.
- For language and epigraphy see NABATAEANS, SEMITIC LANGUAGES; for topography, &C., PALESTINE; and for the later history, JEWS.
- Macalister is in course of publication (Studies in Irish Epigraphy, 1897, 1902, 1907).
- The chief defect of his work, inevitable at the time it was composed, is that, drawing the materials from contemporary memoirs rather than from inscriptions, he relies on literary gossip rather than on numismatics and epigraphy.Advertisement
- Practical guidance will be delivered in workshop sessions and will provide basic instruction in either Greek or Latin epigraphy.
- Paulo de Moraes Farias is engaged in the study of Arabic medieval epigraphy in Mali.
- Dr. Ma concentrates on ancient Greek history; his particular interests are Asia Minor, Greek epigraphy and the Hellenistic polis.
- The loculi were intact and the epitaphs still in their places, so that " they form a kind of museum, in which the development, the formulae, and the symbolic figures of Christian epigraphy, from its origin to the end of the 3rd or 4th century, can be notified and contemplated, not in artificial specimens as in the Lateran, but in the genuine and living reality of their original condition."
- Figured in Roberts's Introduction to Greek Epigraphy, p. 65.Advertisement
- Roberts's Introduction to Greek Epigraphy, pt.