Epidote sentence example
- Often they contain quartz and felspar, sometimes pyroxene, amphibole, garnet or epidote.
- Some of the "porphyroids" which have grains of quartz and felspar in a finely schistose micaceous matrix are intermediate between porphyries and micaschists of this group. Still more numerous are orthoschists of hornblendic character (hornblende-schists) consisting of green hornblende with often felspar, quartz and sphene (also rutile, garnet, epidote or zoisite, biotite and iron oxides).
- Other minerals which occur in the rocks of this group are calcite, garnet, biotite, chloritoid, epidote, tourmaline and graphite or dark carbonaceous materials.
- The copper is also accompanied by epidote, calcite, prehnite, analcite and other zeolitic minerals.
- The neighbourhood is remarkable for the number of beautiful and rare minerals found there; one of these, a variety of epidote, was formerly called Arendalite.Advertisement
- Further local retrograde metamorphism (possibly by dislocation) has resulted in the formation of epidote.
- The Dalradian comprises quartzose schists, grits, limestone beds and the " green beds " (chlorite epidote schists ).