Entreat sentence example
- I entreat you to ask the oracle how I can recover my voice.
- I therefore entreat you not to meet together on Wednesday night.
- O saint of God, by thy supplications entreat Him to have pity on us all.
- But I am a Green and I entreat my friends in the movement to drop their wrongheaded objection to nuclear energy.
- I will present from you the book you desire to the Royal Society, Mr Boyle, Mr Paget, Mr Flamsteed, and if there be any else in town that you design to gratify that way; and I have sent you to bestow on your friends in the University 20 copies, which I entreat you to accept.Advertisement
- In secret he gave himself up to ceaseless prayer; in public he threw himself at the brethren's feet to entreat their intercessions.
- Fetching water clear and sweet, Stop, dear maiden, I entreat--
- As many as are persuaded and believe that what we teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly, are instructed to pray and entreat God with fasting, for the remission of their sins that are past, we praying and fasting with them.
- In the same parcel you will receive 40 more, which having no acquaintance in Cambridge, I must entreat you to put into the hands of one or more of your ablest booksellers to dispose of them.