Entrapping sentence example
- The gates here are more elaborate than at Boghaz Keui, but planned with the same idea - that of entrapping in an enclosed space, barred by a second door, an enemy who may have forced the first door, while flanking towers would add to his discomfiture.
- "The natives added that, in times long past, they received the tradition 'that very large birds had existed, but the scarcity of food, as well as the easy method of entrapping them, had caused their extermination."
- Strictly speaking, however, the term ant-lion applies to the larval form, which has been known scientifically for over two hundred years, on account of its peculiar and forbidding appearance and its skilful and unique manner of entrapping prey by means of a pitfall.
- But Lukacs had no choice but to apply in the first instance to Mr Kossuth and his friends, and these, suspecting an intention of crushing their party by entrapping them into unpopular engagements, rejected his overtures.
- Gordon Walker - A Hunter who butts heads with Sam and Dean, Walker sets out to kill Sam, entrapping Dean to do it, but Sam takes his head off with a garotte in season three.Advertisement